Rhythmorphic is a max for live MIDI Effect. It has four sequencers that can create “non”-euclidean sequences (patterns that are not evenly distributed) by morphing or warping a euclidean sequence by the topology (brightness values) of an image or video. This allows for complex and unique patterns to be generated and modulated. There are several options for image sources (texture generator, dropped image/video files, and a live camera). There are also various options for changing the output MIDI note and modulating just about everything for the sequencers and image settings!
Works with Live 10 and up! Dropping video and image files may have issues in windows. Following these instructions seems to resolve it. I’m not sure if video/image files will work with windows below Live11 or not. For mac os it is no problem. https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209773125-Using-Video
The device, user manual, 33 presets
- Main visual display with mouse interaction
- Image source options:
- texture generator
- dropped image/video files
- live camera input
- 4 sequencers
- Randomize function
- # of Steps, hit density, step offset
- Ability to mix between plain euclidean sequence and morphed non-euclidean sequence
- Smart quantization (to clean up faster rhythms while maintaining the sound of the pattern)
- Morph magnification
- MIDI note out options with optional random spray
- Scale and tonic options including one for Drum Racks
- Playback directions
- Independent speed scaling
- Random note burst repeats
- Random pitch bend envelopes
- Randomize function
- Pattern snapshots for all sequencer settings
- Allows for switching between complex rhythms
- Patterns can be modulated with the internal LFO
- the internal LFO settings can also be stored into pattern snapshots!
TO INSTALL AND USE PRESETS:
Drop the entire folder called "Rhythmorphic" (NOT the folder called "Rhythmorphic v.x.x.x") into the folder called "ableton/user library/presets/midi effects/max midi effect". This is found in the "Places" section in Live's browser or in your finder/file browser. If you are going through finder (mac) the Ableton folder is typically in your "Music" folder. If you are going through your file browser (windows) it is typically in the "My Music" folder.
IF THERE ARE ISSUES:
Make sure you have the latest version of Live 10 or Live 11. If that doesn't resolve things then download the latest version of Max/MSP from cycling74.com (you don't need a license to download it), then in Live's preferences, set max to that version and reset Live (if you have an old crack of Live then you will have to add a line in the options.txt text to make that work, google for more info). If you still have issues after that then reach out to me (email is below).
YOU CAN ALSO PAY ME WITH PAYPAL INSTEAD! Contact me below to do so.
MORE STUFF: dillonbastan.com
CONTACT ME: firstname.lastname@example.org