Mouth Play is a maxforlive instrument that offers unconventional shaping of a vocal tract together with a simulated glottis (brass model) or FM oscillator as a source. This offers a large variety of sonic possibilities: from voice-like sounds (animal, human, monster), breathy sounds, glitchy, harsh, rich/pretty, droney or rhythmic synth sounds. The tract filter has a variety of modulation sources allowing for various qualities and movements.
Works with Live 10 and up!
The device, user manual, 30 presets
- Vocal tract filter with various ways of shaping and modulating it
- Rotating, random ralking per segment, click and drag, recorded loops of shaping, basic waveform filling, shape morphing
- Two voices with individual parameters
- Voice Type (Brass model, FM oscillator, external input)
- Scale options for tuning
- Several tract filter parameters
- Modulation section, modulators can be applied to most of the voice parameters
- 2 LFOS, 2 envelopes, 2 sequencers and 2 function generators
- Several secret popout animal themed menus if you hit the correct parameter combinations ;)
TO INSTALL AND USE PRESETS:
Drop the entire folder called "Mouth Play" (NOT the folder called "Mouth Play v.x.x.x") into the folder called "ableton/user library/presets/instruments/max instrument". This is found in the "Places" section in Live's browser or in your finder/file browser. If you are going through finder (mac) the Ableton folder is typically in your "Music" folder. If you are going through your file browser (windows) it is typically in the "My Music" folder.
Presets are best accessed through this folder as well because they are a mix of instrument rack and device-only presets.
IF THERE ARE ISSUES:
Make sure you have the latest version of Live 10 or Live 11. If that doesn't resolve things then download the latest version of Max/MSP from cycling74.com (you don't need a license to download it), then in Live's preferences, set max to that version and reset Live (if you have an old crack of Live then you will have to add a line in the options.txt text to make that work, google for more info). If you still have issues after that then reach out to me (email is below).
YOU CAN ALSO PAY ME WITH PAYPAL INSTEAD! Contact me below to do so.
MORE STUFF: dillonbastan.com
CONTACT ME: firstname.lastname@example.org